HU5k 2023 will take place on 17th June at 11am. Register now!
Please sign up to our newsletter or follow our socials (@hu5krun) to be the first to hear any HU5k news.
Want to be in our fabulous volunteer team? Contact us for more details.
HU5K is a 5K run for all ages and abilities starting and finishing at the centre of the village of Hawkesbury Upton. The course visits sections of the beautiful Cotswold Way, with stunning views of the glorious Gloucestershire countryside.
Everyone is welcome - whether you are new to running, want to improve your time or just fancy a brisk walk through some stunning countryside. All entry fees go towards funding needed resources at Hawkesbury Primary School.
Pre-registration is strongly advised due to the ever-increasing popularity of this event.
HU5K starts and ends within the cotswold village of Hawkesbury Upton. The route is gently undulating on roads and tracks which are either paved, earth-surfaced and with short sections on grass footpath. There will be full signage to make sure you stay on track, and plenty of marshals to cheer you on and keep you safe.
There's a full route tour at our course information page.
Medals will be awarded to all finishers with winner’s medals for the fastest runners in each age category.
|Race Category||Pre-registration fee|
|Adult Male (18+)||£10|
|Adult Female (18+)||£10|
|Age 11-18 Male||£8|
|Age 11-18 Female||£8|
Due to the popularity of this event, pre-registration is strongly advised.
Venue and Parking
HU5K starts and finishes at Hawkesbury Village Hall GL9 1AT.
Food, drinks and a bit of music will be available during the morning and after the race.
Changing facilities and toilets are available at the Village Hall (start of the race).
There will be a ticketed baggage storage area within the village hall. Items left are done so at your own risk.
Water will be available on route and at the finish. We encourage all runners to bring their own water bottles to help reduce the amount of plastic used.
- A First Aid team will be in attendance just in case there are any medical problems.
- The route is marked at each km and marshals wearing high vis are at key points on the course and in contact with race HQ. A back runner will ensure no one is left running alone.
- It’s your responsibility to correctly fill in the emergency contact details on the reverse of your race number.
- Under-11 children must run with an adult at all times.
- Athletes with dogs / buggies are welcome but we do ask you to make sure they do not impede other athletes