Thank you to everyone who has registered for HU5K 2021. We hope you are looking forward to the event; it is a fabulous route and the result of a real community effort in aid of our school.
Please find the following briefing notes. We will keep these up to date in case of any last-minute changes.
Before the event:
- Please check your registration details (in your registration email). We are issuing bibs based on these details, so to make things run smoothly on the day please check that the details (including the race category) match yours. If they are not correct, please allow extra time to visit the admin team on the day and we’ll try to sort it out.
- A reminder that under-11 runners must be accompanied by an adult; please make sure you have allocated someone to take responsibility for any under-11s.
- If you know of additional runners who have missed the pre-registration date then please let them know that there are some on-the-day places available. These can be purchased for £10 (for all classes) from the race admin team on the day. On-the-day registrations are £10 for any category, in cash only.
- Advance bib collection will be possible for those already visiting school for pick-up on Thursday or Friday – keep an eye out for a friendly face in the playground with a file of numbers. Don’t worry if you miss it, collection on race day is also easy.
- Remember, you will also need a pen and some safety pins for your bib (and cash or a card for some cake / BBQ).
On the day:
- Please don’t attend if you have COVID-19 symptoms or reason to think you may have COVID-19.
- Our timetable is as follows:
- 0930: Bib collection and the admin desk (for on-the-day registrations and other queries) open at the village hall
- 1000: Team and individual photographs available
- 1045: Race assembly and warm-up
- 1055: Pre-race briefing
- 1100: Race start. Because of the number of people involved, we cannot delay the start for any late arrivals, so please make sure to be on time.
- Awards ceremony: As soon as we have identified the top three in each category
- Getting here:
- For those driving to the event, please do not drive to the village hall. Car parking is at the North end of Hawkesbury Upton where Starveall Lane meets the High Street. Please note that the parking is in a grassy field. The what3words link for parking is outwards.snuck.drew
- The event itself is based at Hawkesbury Upton village hall, High St, Hawkesbury Upton GL9 1AU (here). You will get directions from the parking area.
- Bib collection:
- For those already visiting the school, we will try to issue bibs in advance; look out for a friendly face in the school playground on Thursday or Friday.
- For those collecting bibs on the day, collection will be at the village hall from 0930. Please arrive with enough time to collect your bib before the race start.
- Please bring a pen and safety pins, and allow time to correctly fill in the emergency contact details on the reverse of your race number.
- Prizes will be awarded as soon as all the winners in each category are identified. Please note that prizes can only be awarded to those running under their own bib number and in the correct event class.
- Before, during, and after the event we will be running our popular tea / cake stall within the village hall and the BBQ will be held outside. We are able to take both cash and card payments.
- We will be operating the following facilities in the village hall and its grounds
- Bib collection
- Admin desk
- Ticketed bag drop (though please note that items are left at your own risk)
- Warm-up and music area
- Tea / coffee and cake stall
- Toilets (& changing)
- First aid
- We operate a timing system which allows us to publish “gun times” for our runners within 24 hours of the event taking place. Timings will be published at www.hu5k.org. If you require your result more quickly or prefer a “chip time” you may wish to perform your own race timing.
- Water will be available on route and at the finish. We encourage all runners to bring their own water bottles to help maintain good hygiene and to reduce the amount of plastic used.
- The course will be marked with individual kilometre markers and our friendly volunteer marshalls. It takes place entirely on public rights of way but you should note that they are not to be closed during the event so you may share them with other users – on the road sections, this will include cars.
- Dogs & buggies – we are aware some runners prefer to take part with their dogs and small children in buggies. If you are one of those, please can we ask you to be extra-considerate of those around you who may have their own challenges to pursue without you adding to them.
After the event:
- Race photographs will be available for sale and can be printed directly in the hall. They are also available afterwards from Five Valleys Photography https://fivevalleys.co.uk/; the gallery code is HU5K21
All the best and we very much look forward to seeing you on Saturday.
The HU5k team.
(and we hate to get official but a final reminder that our terms and conditions of booking can be found at https://hu5k-store.hawkesburypta.co.uk/terms )