Dear HU5k runner,
Thank you for registering for the 11th Hawkesbury Upton 5k run which takes place this Saturday (17th June). We hope you’re looking forward to the event; it is a fabulous route and the result of a big community effort in aid of our school.
A special thanks to those who were able to make an additional donation during registration, we really appreciate your generosity.
Things to know if you're a regular HU5k runner:
- We'll be at the village hall from 9:30 a.m. for bib collection. Please bring safety pins and a pen. (Bib collection is also available at school drop-off and pick-up on Thursday and Friday, for school families)
- We've tweaked the course a bit so the start line is now in the middle of the field, so don't be confused - we'll show you where to go
- The race starts at 11am sharp!
- As well as the BBQ, cafe, and other facilities, this year there will be bouncy castles, so your supporters can burn off some energy whilst you're on the course, and a photographer doing both team and individual photographs.
- Advance registration is now closed, but on-the-day registrations available from the admin desk at £10 each (subject to availability)
- The weather is looking sunny, so remember to hydrate and wear sunscreen.
- The latest version of this briefing will be at www.hu5k.org and we will keep our socials up to date if there are any major changes
There are more details below in case you are new to HU5k. (and if so, welcome on board)
Remember: This is a wholly volunteer-run FUN family event. Huge thanks go to every single helper! Please be considerate to everyone else around you, be responsible with your litter (pleeeeease no water cups in the hedges!), enjoy your day and give your friendly marshalls, tail-walkers, timers... refreshment, bag drop, registration, music, warmup & bbq providers... plus all your other event make-happeners a big SMILE & A WAVE.
Thank you and see you on Saturday!
--- More details ---
Where am I going?:
- Car parking is in a grassy field at the North end of Hawkesbury Upton where Starveall Lane meets the High Street. what3words link: outwards.snuck.drew.
- The event itself is based at Hawkesbury Upton village hall, High St, Hawkesbury Upton GL9 1AU (here). You will get directions from the parking area, leave 10 minutes to walk there.
Before the event:
- Bib collection on the day: We will be ready for you from 9:30 a.m.
- Bib collection at school: If you are already visiting school for pick-up or drop-off on Thursday or Friday, collect your bib there and save time on Saturday.
- A reminder that under-11 runners must be accompanied by an adult; please make sure you have allocated someone to take responsibility for any under-11s.
- Please bring a pen and some safety pins for your bib (and cash or a card for some cake / BBQ / Bouncy castle / photographs)
On the day:
- Race timetable:
- 0930: Bib collection and the admin desk (for on-the-day registrations and other queries) open.
- 1045: Race assembly and warm-up
- 1055: Pre-race briefing
- 1100: Race start. Because of the number of people involved, we cannot delay the start for any late arrivals, so please make sure to be on time.
- Awards ceremony: around 12 noon (this is a community event so we try to wait for the last runners before awarding prizes)
- Activities around the village hall:
- Event photographer with framed photos printed on the day
- Bouncy castles
- Tea / coffee and cake stall
- Race facilities:
- Bib collection
- Admin desk
- Ticketed bag drop (though please note that items are left at your own risk)
- Toilets (& changing)
- First aid
- Our timing system gives us “gun times” within 24 hours of the event. They will be published at hu5k.org. If you want your result more quickly or prefer a “chip time” please bring your own device.
- Water will be available on the route and at the finish. We encourage all runners to bring their own water bottles for refilling, to help maintain good hygiene and to reduce the amount of plastic waste going to landfill.
- The course will be marked with individual kilometre markers and our friendly volunteer marshalls. It takes place entirely on public rights of way but you should note that they are not to be closed during the event so you may share them with other users – on the road sections, this will include cars.
- Dogs & buggies – dogs on leads and buggies are welcome at HU5k.
All the best and we very much look forward to seeing you on Saturday.
The HU5k team.
(and we hate to get official but a final reminder that our terms and conditions of booking can be found at https://hu5k-store.hawkesburypta.co.uk/terms )